How will you remember your day?
Weddings are special beginnings of celebrating two lives coming together as one. This is a never ending story that will last a lifetime and therefore should be captured on film. We will take special care to make sure that we capture and preserve your moments, emotions and feelings on that special day.
As videographers, we here at Images of Power acknowledge that every couple is unique, therefore we do not utilize previous stories, ideas or templates. We believe in telling your story through a lens specifically used to capture the action. From perfect music to capturing that first look, we as wedding cinematographers focus our skill on each and every detail in order to create the most amazing videos of your life.
Images of Power is based in Charlotte North Carolina and we also serve destination locations along with areas along the east coast. Whatever your video requires, we will fulfill that need. Although we specialize in wedding videos, we have completed numerous corporate works for various companies and corporations throughout the Carolinas.
-Selecting a videographer allows you to witness every aspect and detail of your event. A wedding is the most amazing day of a bride or groom's life.
-Videos should never be compared to photographs because both are artistic expressions that serve a specific purpose. Photos capture amazing still moments while videos allow you and your loved ones the ability to treasure the visuals and sounds of your ceremony for generations to come.
Seeing Things You Missed
-As the bride and groom, you are able to see and feel all aspects of your event or ceremony through your perspective only. Being able to view the details of many unforgettable moments or unseen moments is key to being able to enjoy your entire experience.
-Your wedding video is not only exciting for the couple. It is a special gift for parents, future children and family members who were unable to physically travel to witness your nuptials.
“if pictures are worth a thousand words, what is a video worth.”
Having a videographer is quickly becoming a must rather than a want at weddings. That is because no matter how wonderful your photographer is, there is nothing quite like watching the real thing in real time. However, trying to convince the bride that videography is just as important as photography on their wedding day is one of the biggest challenges in the industry. Many brides don’t realize how important their film is until after the wedding. Consequently, more newlyweds, nearly 98%, now recommend that couples have their weddings professionally filmed.
When looking for a videographer, there are five main points you should keep in mind. These will more or less help decide which one is the right fit for you.
1. Hire a wedding videographer. Sounds obvious, I know. Weddings are special and intimate. They require someone with an extensive knowledge of how to get the important shots, yet be respectful and discreet at the same time. Wedding videographers have a passion for what they do and you will want that reflected in your video. However, a surprising amount of couples will hire someone who bought a camera, shot a friends wedding, and then knighted themselves a videographer. Another misconception is that all videographers are the same. You may have a friend in the ‘television and film industry’ that is willing to shoot your wedding for $500, but weddings are completely different from any other type of film genre. Paying a premium for someone with years of experience in wedding videography will pay off in the final product.
2. Do you like your videographer? Again, this may sound obvious, but it remains one of the key factors that will determine whether or not you will like your wedding video. You will be spending a lot of time together on your wedding day, and will likely be staying in contact for many months after. Having a good rapport with your videographer ensures that they know what is important to you. Good wedding videographers know that your wedding day is about you and not them. They should get your vibe, get your relationship and not cramp your style. You should steer clear of anyone with a ‘diva-like’ attitude who is unwilling to be a bit flexible.
3. Consider the shooting style. Do you like videos with lots of movement? Do you like traditional or cinematic? Every videographer has his own style of shooting. When you are doing your research and visiting different videographers sites, pay attention to what you like. When you meet with the videographer, you should have the opportunity to see a range of different weddings. Do the videos hold your attention, or did you get bored after a minute or two? Chances are, if you enjoy watching a video of a total stranger, then you will love your own wedding film.
4. Consider the editing style. There are lots of different ways your wedding video could end up looking, so make sure that you like the editing style of your videographer. Simple is better. Couples think that adding in a myriad of special effects will make their video more interesting. Usually the reverse is true; it ends up making the video dated. Good shooting to begin with needs very little ‘dressing up’ in the post production. However, note that it is normal to have a few minor errors during a long video.
5. It isn’t all about the price. If you are solely basing your choice on price, then you may be in for a huge disappointment when your wedding video arrives. It can be overwhelming, even shocking sometimes, when you start to price out videographers. But when you consider that 9 out of 10 brides polled after their wedding regret not hiring a videographer, it puts a different spin on things. Be skeptical of cheap quotes. Creating a quality wedding video requires a good length of time and extensive, up to date equipment. When you pay for a videographer’s service you are paying for his talent of shooting and the time it takes to edit the footage. You should plan to pay at least as much as you would for a professional photographer.
Professional wedding videographers should use state of the art cameras, wireless microphones, have a second shooter or assistant, backup equipment, and offer add-ons such as a Love Story or Same Day Edits. So there you have it. Wedding videography is often the most overlooked purchase for weddings, but those who have invested in a quality wedding videographer will heartily agree that it was one of the best decisions they made.
© Imagesofpower. All rights Reserved I Policy I Disclaimer